The Bridge services work within a whānau ora framework recognising & encouraging the involvement and support of family/whānau in all aspects of the tāngata whaiora journey.
We recognise that family/whānau can be a source of strength, identity, and support. The holistic health and well-being of the entire whānau are important to support the health and well-being outcomes for kaupapa whānau. To support this process, we provide suggestions and strategies on how family whānau members can look after themselves whilst dealing with the impact of a family/whānau member or friend's substance use.
What Support We Offer
- Family/whānau information about the services we provide
- Open and accessible opportunities to visit
- Answer questions and concerns regarding the impact of substance use
- The opportunity to have a family/whānau counselling session
- The opportunity to attend the transition upon completion of the programme
- A real-time survey that gives you the opportunity to share your feedback and suggestions on our services and supports
- Referral to groups that support families
- Referral to other Salvation Army support services